FareShare Midlands works throughout the region to fight hunger and tackle food waste. The economic fallout from the pandemic has exacerbated food poverty across our region. As a result, our operations have significantly increased to meet this need.
FareShare is looking for more people to join existing volunteer team as a van driver and help get food out to where it’s needed most.
A standard driving licence is all you need to help get good food to children’s clubs, homeless hostels and refuges in your area.
We’ve got the vans; we just need you!
What will I be doing?
- You will be the vital link between FareShare and the charities, getting the food to where it’s needed
- You will be collecting good surplus food from Coop stores across the region to be sorted and distributed to Charites server those in need.
- You’ll be the friendly face of FareShare interacting with the charities, making sure they get the food they need
- A standard driving licence
- Confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable)
- Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
- Positive, friendly and personable, interacting well with different people
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Active and sociable role, building relationships directly with the charities FareShare supports
- Gain a variety of skills such as route planning, organising and communication skills
- You will directly ensure that good quality food is not wasted and gets into the hands of the people who need it
- Reasonable travel expenses
To apply, please contact Jessica:
Whilst COVID presents considerable challenges to our operations, Fareshare is taking every effort to ensure all volunteers and staff are safe. As a result, Fareshare have implemented a set of protocols at our Birmingham hub. These include; temperature checks on arrival, wearing face masks/visors at all times, washing/sanitising hands regularly and social distancing. Fareshare have also introduced working ‘bubbles’ for volunteer and staff teams as well as reduced the amount of people on-site at any one time.